That one time my camera took me on a little date

8.19.2013

These last few weeks have been rough. As in, I-mostly-look-forward-to-bedtime-and-not-much-else rough. I'm sure a lot of it is Molly's ongoing medical drama and not having a car or a piece of furniture or anything to cook with outside of that one cookie sheet we bought at the PX (which, oddly enough, has not baked any cookies yet! The horrors! I will fix that soon.). But I know some of it stems from me not having anything to do outside of watching the kids litter the floors with crumbs (OH THE MILLIONS OF CRUMBS) and wash the unending mounds of laundry. I need schedule, I need things to do, I need to stay busy. So I might be volunteering for a FRG leader position tomorrow. I might also have gone on a walk by myself and pretended like it's totally normal to be taking pictures of random flowers on the side of the road.

The pessimistic side of me is finding more and more things to not like about living here, but the optimistic side is all "It's so beeYOOtifull here! Come on! Let's go exploring!" So I stuck the kids with Steve (they got ice cream since I scalped Sam gave Sam a haircut earlier) and I headed out for my own walk.

*Let's pretend someone has time to edit pictures and they are all perfect and beeyootifull instead of straight outta the camera.



These have been blooming forever now (or wait, maybe only a few weeks actually)...


I dunno what this is, but I would imagine it's thistle, or thistle's first cousin. I know, I should just go ahead and frame my botany degree.


I dunno what these little beauties are, but there is the most beautiful field of rice patties behind them.


'Murica




I dunno what this little stand sells (are you sensing a theme yet? An I-don't-know-anything theme?) but I am loving the way it smells (like garlicky chicken smells). And I think that pioneer-like crank makes fresh-squeezed lemonade. Just call me Inspector Gadget. One day I'll try it all out and report back to you.


Look who I stumbled upon! The ice cream eaters.


It took Sam a solid three minutes before he noticed I was there and taking his picture. He thought he was just watching cars whizz through the intersection.




This is how I feel about walking up hills too.




One more, I couldn't help it.


Time to burn the last bits of ice-cream-energy at the playground.

22 comments :

  1. Your unedited photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can help you with all of this. The thistle-looking thing is called puffle-topsies and the garlic chicken smell is actually roasted garlic chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! Hopefully, your stuff arrives soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK so these pictures are gorgeous!! :) I don't edit any of mine either btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of these photos, they are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never fear! I'm on my way over right now!

    FRG leader?! Things must be desperate over there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It can be tough when you first move to a new place. Even if you really like the area at first, it eventually hits you that you pretty much have to start everything else (friends/ job/ where the heck do I get my hair cut/for the love of God, why can't anyone fry chicken correctly up here) over, and it can be pretty overwhelming.

    I'm sure that once you at least receive your household goods, and can start living with your normal routine, things will get better. I can't wait to hear about your adventures....more importantly, what you eat over there. I'm such a picky eater, that as much as I want to move overseas, I have always worried about what I would eat in Korea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even SOOC, these are great looking shots!!
    Do FRG!! It helped my deployment fly by, so maybe it'll help your time go faster. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures. We are miles away, but I can totally relate. I look forward to bedtime every night mostly bc I spend all day cleaning after my children and wondering when (for the love!) we'll ever be able to unpack our house into a place of our own.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pictures Jenn! I love seeing and hearing about Korea. P. S. good luck with the frg stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is so good you are taking pictures. I love doing that too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll take one lemonade to go, please. With a side of puffle-topsies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all of the pictures!! I hear ya on the is-it-bedtime yet days. That's definitely us lately!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such cute kid pics!!!!!! Glad you got some time alone! I don't do well with massive amounts of just watching the kids. :/ Sam's haircut looks great by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photos!! I hope you stay more optimistic about Korea than pessimistic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh your pictures are wonderful Jenn!!
    Maybe that is what I need to do right now since hubby is working a ton and I don't have a chance to really get out.
    Hmm, I think I'll ask my camera out on a date one evening!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your pictures are BeeYoutiful! I am glad you got a little alone time, even if it was just for a walk. Good for you for trying to find the happy parts, even if that includes volunteering with FRG you crazy lady, you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The kids must draw so much attention to you guys in Korea being as beautiful as they are!! I love Molly's hair, it is such a pretty colour :)
    Best you get to baking some cookies soon huh so that you don't have to walk aimlessly taking pictures of random flowers lol
    I need to go and backtrack through your posts and catch up with your lives since the move...I hope it doesn't take you too long to settle in and get into a routine to fill your days xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your pictures are GORGEOUS sooc!! I have been slacking on editing my photos lately, and I think they look just fine. I'm telling myself. I hope things settle down soon and you can get some furniture and a schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the pics, enjoy your time there! i'm gonna try to grab a hop to korea before we leave here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Um, your SOOC pics ARE gorgeous! You have such a great eye! And I think it's TOTALLY normal to take pictures of flowers on the side of the road :) We should all stop and shoot the flowers more often!

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs