1.07.2014

Project 365 - week 1

In an attempt to post about something other than barf, poop, and hospital visits, I have decided to make an effort to complete a photo project that requires me to bust out my big girl camera more often and catch the little moments with my family. I find myself starting to think that pulling it out and adjusting the settings and uploading and editing are too much of a hassle and I can just snap a quick (horrible, grainy) photo with my iphone and call it good. But it's not. How can I expect to get better at photography if I never use my camera outside of photographing clients? So while I won't be uploading a photo here every single day, I will be taking pictures with my camera daily, and maybe uploading and editing in one batch and then posting here weekly. I think that's more doable for me. So without further ado, here is week 1.

New Year's Day trip to LotteMart (the Korean version of Walmart, I guess). Their escalators are ramps so you can take your buggy up and down the different levels. (The wheels on the buggy lock into the grooves of the escalator so you don't get carried down the incline.)

Sick day at our house (again)- Molly still in her pj's and it's late afternoon. I asked her to say "kimchi" and give me the peace sign. I got a grunt and the shush sign. Close enough.

I got my Christmas present in the mail! Santa thinks highly of me, apparently.

A quick stop at the shoppette to get a going away gift and Molly found a few things she needs.

A trip to the 5-day market in town for some fresh produce. Sam keeps asking for the tuh-pay-toes.

Molly recovered from a quick (although messy) case of the pukes and poops yesterday. Back to her usual sassy self. I'm ready for a beer. And a babysitter. And maybe another beer.

Left the kids with a sitter and hopped on the train to Myeong-dong to go shopping with a friend for her birthday. This little Snoopy fella was advertising a dog cafe. There was also a cat cafe, because Korea is equal opportunity when it comes to crazy. ((Notice Seoul Tower in the background- it was a little hazy, but you can still see it!))


19 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Please post weekly round ups...I love seeing Korea through your lens. And thank you for sparing us from pictures of throw up. :)

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're doing project 365 there. You will cherish these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i give you credit dear, i'm only doing a weekly photo this year. i don't know if i can commit to taking on every day. but i love your photos, keep them coming. enjoy that 85 too! :)
    -whit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh fun! I love your pictures! I am going to try and do a project 365 this year too. I feel like I have nothing to post about and this will give me something to talk about. Glad to hear everyone is feeling better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these!! Can't wait til I get my nice camera!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures are getting so good. You are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures are getting so good. You are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did I just leave that comment twice? #FAIL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love! You're pictures are always so great. I've failed every 365 I've attempted but I may just try again since I always love looking at everyone else's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. More than anything, when I read your blog, I find myself saying, "What the hell?" Thanks, Korea. For everything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cheez-Its and cookies? Girl has her priorities straight!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a girl after my own heart, Milanos and cheese it's!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these pics. Shows y'all and Korea on the day to day. Plus your pictures are just plain gorgeous as usual. (Is that the right version of plain? It looks funny.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so great! props to for doing the 365 challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Look at you go! I should do something like this but I know good and well I would not make it the whole year... I'm already worried about the 2014 Mood Blanket I'm doing - and I'm only doing the one stripe a week version... Molly is soooo photogenic! I can't wait to meet her sassy self one day in real life haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was my third year in a row trying the 365 thing and my third year in a row failing. I took cell phone pictures the first five days then things fell apart. I might try again starting February 1st. Who says the 365 days start January 1st?! (Everybody, that's who.)

    ReplyDelete