Can I just say, blog people, that I have just drunk (drank? drunk?) an entire mini bottle of sparkling wine, courtesy of Kate, and am now probably, officially drunk. Please excuse all typos, grammatical errors, and overall content of this here blog post.
The scene in front of me looks as if a toy box barfed all over the floor. I'm not cleaning it up because it looks to me like the perfect alarm system should we get robbed tonight. The burglar would step on approximately 46,000 Legos and uncontrollably release a slew of obscenities, thus giving me time to email Steve about how to load real bullets in the gun. Or look up a Youtube video about loading bullets in a gun. If you recall from here, a gun once injured me, and I intentionally steer clear of firearms in general.
Anywhoodle, Steve just told me the other day that he fell in love with me on New Year's Eve 2008 (that sly dog), so I'm chalking that bottle of champagne up to celebrating our loveiversary. I loved him first, if we're being honest here, but I didn't want to appear desperate, so I waited for him to admit it to me first. Anyways, now I love him a kafrillion times more than I did on this night, four years ago. Seeing your main squeeze love your children makes you love him that much more somehow.
So... yeah. That's enough of the mushy stuff. Let's get on to my 2012 recap! Just kidding! This whole blog is a recap. If you need to know all of the amazingly awesome stuff we did this year, you can go over to that sidebar there on the right and click on "2012". Read through every post and you'll have a pretty decent idea of what we've been up to.
My resolutions for 2013 are as follows:
1. Get some champagne flutes. (Because I just drank champagne straight out of the bottle.)
2. Learn how to load bullets into that gun. (Just in case my Lego setup doesn't work out.)
3. Strive to be a better mother. (More patience, less yelling.)
4. Welcome home my husband because HOLLER! He comes home this year! Clearly this will be my best year yet!
5. I'd like to say something here to round out my numbers like "lose weight" or "go to the gym" but girl, please. I love chocolate so much.
Hope y'all are staying up til midnight for me! And drinking and dancing and wearing something besides yoga pants and slippers. Jenny from the park (the trailer park, that is)- OUT.